Sunday, July 19, 2009

Botanic Embrace

I hadn't been to the Botanic Gardens for a few years, but I wanted to try a new lens there. It's wide as you can see. i was just taking this photograph when I noticed the embrace happening to my left. The lens is very wide (10mm) so it could be that the couple didn't know they were in the shot. And who is that interesting figure down to the left? Another photographer! Very close up too. Could we have been using similar lens? I do like the figures embracing because there is some joy being expressed, both personally and for the other. This was an early trip with this lens so I had some joy in taking the picture. It is nice to have so much depth of field and the opportunity for dramatic angles. I guess there's going to be more wide angle stuff until I get the hang of this delightful object.