Thursday, October 1, 2009

Office Utterance

This is the same building as depicted in Time Tunnel. Using a filter from Virtual Photographer called Art School, I sacrificed a bit of detail for the sake of impact. It is very different from the original shot. I find that occasionally I work on an image for quite some time and then find that it is more or less the same as the original. Moreover, a lot of time can be spent creating the original image and then double that time making it worse! In this case I liked the difference because there is something of the night here. Lefebvre talked of the perceived, the conceived and the lived. They are related of course, but not in a fashion that is simple or stable. Maybe the way I react to this building is at the level of the unconscious, which would be "an unknown". but as Lefebvre might say, I am trying to give that "unknown" an utterance.