Thursday, October 22, 2009

Red Lights in the Rain

I have been trying for so long to get a photograph here that would capture the colour in the traffic lights and they were always over-exposed. But this was quickly taken - a smash and grab kind of a shot - and I had some luck. It was just because the man with the bike presented such a good subject. The red bag and shoes pleasantly reminded me of being a student in the sixties, when it seemed as if we burst into colour. I used a filter to get a bit more intensity but it's not so far away from the original. I was also reminded of Wim Wenders being asked about the many red lights in his seminal film of 1977, American Friend. He replied that yes indeed, there were many red lights in American Friend - and left it at that. Is that enigmatic or what? So this is my tribute and I'll leave it at that.