Thursday, October 29, 2009

Triptych reflection

I generally don't like this kind of photograph because they seldom turn out well. The fail to fulfil their early promise - which is when you see the reflection in the street. It is almost as if they cannot take another reflection or representation when it goes into print. My worry was that as a triptych it might look like these dressing table mirrors of my parents' generation. But this turned out OK and I was pleased with the three panels of different sizes. But what about triptychs? They were popular in the Middle Ages in Christian art, but were certainly created during the time of the Greeks and the Romans. I felt that somehow the two architectures created a kind of representational relationship. At the same time it's about change in the city - somehow held in aspic.