Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hiding in the Rain

It was raining again and I felt that no shot would introduce itself to me today. An opportunity duly appeared but just as I was about to snap the shutter, the umbrellas came down - whether by accident or design I will never know. But when I put the shot up on the screen what do you know? A nice picture that needed black and white treatment. Pembroke Lane is a jolly place for people photographs isn't it? Singing in the Rain is one of these all-time great songs from a musical so I silently willed these guys to go and stand under the spray from a dodgy rain pipe and be moved on by a grumpy Garda. No such luck, as they headed to their office. What about dreams? The rain and the wind together can denote fickleness, but the wind alone could denote an impending change. Dreaming of men with umbrellas in the wind and rain would need a lot of exploration - maybe a couple or three sessions!