Saturday, December 18, 2010

Iced to the Pavement

Every year this happens to a certain extent and I do like it. I take many shots like this because when the snow is gone and the residue it leaves behind is iced to the pavement, it does remind me of a laboratory specimen - like a cross section of what was before. The shot itself is a bit of luck. I had failed to reset a previously high ASA and the result was much better than other shots at the "correct" ASA. It looks very much like the cold weather is here to stay for a while so perhaps there will be more sights like this. Just when i feel I have used all the photographic potential of the neighbourhood, the weather changes and with it the light. Things are always changing but we don't really recognise it until something dramatic happens. The change can be imperceptible. In psychotherapy we try to observe these small changes and we will draw attention to them. otherwise they become lost to awareness.